12th June 2020
Keeping our patients healthy and safe has always been at the heart of The Eledent Clinic ethos and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.
The lockdown and isolation period has unfortunately left many patients in need of urgent emergency dental treatment. As a result, these patients will need to take priority during our initial opening period.
We would like to thank all of you for your patience and understanding as we accommodate those most in need first. We are all working hard to accommodate all patients as quickly as possible, however, the safety of all of our patients and staff is at the core of our decisions. The ‘New Normal’ in dentistry is very different to how practices functioned prior to COVID-19.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our surgery. We are doing everything possible to ensure everyone’s safety and working hard to source a continued supply of the correct, enhanced personal protective equipment (PPE).
We are pleased to report that we are up-to-date on new guidance that has been issued. Initially, we will be operating on a phased return and as a result, there will be temporary changes at The Eledent Clinic:
• Please do not arrive without a pre-booked appointment.
• Please email us where possible as our phone lines are currently very busy.
• We are prioritising patients with urgent dental needs on our waiting list and delaying all non-essential and routine dental care until further notice as per Faculty of General Dental Practice (FGDP) guidance.
• If you had booked a future appointment prior to the lockdown, please be aware that it will have to be re-scheduled and postponed. This is because the official guidance we have received prevents us from having the schedule we used to have previously. For the time being, we are leaving suitable gaps in between all appointments, with certain types of appointments booked at specific times during the day.
• We have reduced clinical hours to reduce the risk of infection.
• We are required to complete all forms and payments electronically where possible to reduce the risk of infection.
• You will receive a comprehensive guide to the changes within the practice if you book an urgent appointment following the lockdown period. Please read this carefully prior to your visit.
At this stage, we will be available for emergency dental assessments, virtual consultations and emergency dental appointments which include treatment of severe tooth pain, dental trauma, swelling, infection and heavy bleeding that does not stop.
We are also prioritising our dental plan patients for any urgent or routine enquiries, so please contact us if you are an existing dental plan member.
Finally, we want to be transparent in informing you that due to global shortages and sudden increase in prices, we are forced to temporarily introduce a Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Surcharge.
This surcharge will continue to run until the government and our dental authorities can allow us to terminate the use of enhanced PPE within the dental settings.
We understand that during this time finances are limited and people have been placed under extreme financial pressure, however we must ensure safety whilst maintaining your well-being at all times; your safety is our priority and we will continue to provide you with the best care and treatment, as always.
Your cooperation in the changes we need to make is appreciated; by working together, we can overcome obstacles and ensure good dental care remains available to you.
As always, if you have a dental emergency please contact us preferably by email on [email protected] or by phone 0208 642 5767 and we will help you in any way we can.
We thank you for your cooperation and hope you all stay safe during these challenging times.
Robert, Maryam, Mahya